Key page to help you connect the dots...

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Beauty in the Imperfections - One

Going to type speedy like because my husband is off today and we've errands to run. I get to get out of the confines of my house and yard today! Whoopie!! The pollen has already begun to fall, but today, I could care less about being yellow dusted. I'll breathe in between the particles and wear my wrap Oakley sunglasses. I'm horribly light sensitive and own several pair of sunglasses. But, my Oakleys are an old fave (like fave bedroom slippers) and do fantastically in keeping wind and dust out my eyes. They also remind me of my beach. Ha!

Anyway... I have a saying about "seeing beauty in the imperfections". I've always thought that, but being pretty much home bound (so hate that phrase), I've learned to observe at nature and closely watch the seasons change. Fortunately, God has blessed me by giving me a home and a piece of property where I've lots of nature to keep my eyes busy while indoors looking outside of my windows, and of course, while out of doors, too. It's so wonderful and peaceful. Literally day by day I see the changes all around me. They don't slip by me, not by one day.

I've also always adored looking at trees during the winter... the leafless "sleeping" ones in particular. Metaphorically, they tell quite a story and give perspective. There are a few in our area that I'm watching closely. Ones I'll ask my husband to deliberately drive by so I can snap a few shots. Which goes along with the way I take shots in progression.

Anyone who has been reading my blog for any length of time will know that one of my favorite places on the planet is the Hamlet Historical Depot, in Hamlet, NC. It's one of my most special venues for my photography. I'm a born and bred trainiac, and have many fond memories coming into the station as a child. Even my 89 year old mother has memories of coming into the station as a child. The renovated train station, in and of itself, is a sight to behold. It's a jewel... a Victorian era structure like no other in the US. The area surrounding it, is wonderful, too. There's a park that's interesting, and there are also old buildings and some unkept grounds, old railroad rails and just odd stuff... but I find beauty in all of it. From the hawks that fly overhead, to the giant old trees. There are a couple of trees in particular in the area, that I photograph often. Each time my husband and I go the station, without a doubt, I'll snap a few shots... sometimes several of the same trees. And, usually, I'll toss in a shot of a train or two, since they pass by frequently. Whatever my eyes see, or catches my fancy, I'll shoot. But, more I'll share about all of this in time... getting ready to take a much needed getaway...

Later...

Slideshow below......

If things work out as I've planned, this will be the beginning of a series of photos.........

No comments: