Key page to help you connect the dots...

Monday, March 30, 2009

Perspective.........


Link to news story directly below... sensitivity warning......


Police: Gunman's estranged wife worked at nursing home

I won't share all of the ways the story above touches close to home for my husband and I, but this was one of those mornings when he kissed me on the forehead before he left to take his position on the Courthouse steps (to protect it), when I told him, if "anyone comes at you... shoot first"... he replied, "I will". We live in a small-ish town, yet there are days 1,500 or more people come through his door -- the only door with the metal detector. It's astonishing to hear about the weapons he takes from people who want to gain entry through that door. The reason only that one door is used, is that several years back a bomb was placed in the basement. Fortunately, it was placed on top of the "gas" line, not below. This was very close to the time of the Atlanta Courthouse shootings. During the years I've been married to him, this is an exchange we've shared many times. Too many times. Again, too many stories I would have to share to elaborate on the "too many". Sounds hard core, but one would have to live in a law enforcement culture to totally get it... and my husband is the most non-violent person I know.

The simple fact is that we're not guaranteed another moment, much less another day. In one instant lives can be changed. We must be prepared..........

These days, I try to stay away from the news as much as possible, yet I'm trying to make a difference in little ways. Quite possibly insignificant, but only God can judge. Me? I try not judge. Yet, I'm human and know I do.

Another thing I know...

There is only one truth... and it takes me back to The Cross the documentary/move and the one Jesus died on.

Today will be a day where I stay glued close to the news. I'll be hearing more since the "big" news entities are in our town and the next county over.

Good news today... I see the levies are holding in Fargo, ND... waters of the Red River are receding, but it's still "iffy". More bad weather is on the way. Blizzards in Spring??? Again... we have no guarantees... only God's grace and His plan of salvation and our prayers make the difference(s).

No comments: