Key page to help you connect the dots...

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pink sky rainbow above my house....



Last Saturday I'd spent the afternoon taking pictures and God treated me to the most heavenly rainbow I've ever seen upon my return home. The skies had been wild to watch all day long. The night before there were thunderstorms, bright lightening and tornado warnings. A cold front had begun to work its way in. We awoke to warm temperatures and humidity. But, by midday temps had begun to drop rapidly. Like 20 degrees or more by the end of the day. Mild turned into blustery! Dry air blew the humidity away. Partly cloudy turned into overcast with big poofy clouds. When the sun would break through momentarily, it was an amazing sight. When conditions are such that warm air hits icy cold air I've learned to look up! Watch! God's gonna put on a show! Add wind as an ingredient, and oh wow!!!

To me to see the heavens open up in such a way with sun rays reflecting through clouds and beaming off everything else in their pathway... from the tops of our tall Long Leaf pine trees... to the numerous water towers we have in our county... and everything else in between, it is a such special gift. Such a reminder of His power and glory! For a sky watching gal like me, I couldn't have ordered up a better day for admiring and picture taking. My pilot ferried me to three of my favorite picture taking places. I stayed busy!

But! The very best place of all was at my house...a day's end perfected... God's sky the canvas... l
iterally, my house, my yard, my trees... and me... we're enveloped in pink clouds and rainbow rays. It was as if we were part of the rainbow! God had timed everything perfectly... he'd saved His best for me, at the end of the day, at my house... a reminder of His faithfulness... His promise.

I've much to catch up on in my blogging... but thought there's no better place to start than with my rainbow... posting individual pictures, rather than a slide show -- to show the progression. Also posting with special thoughts of my family east to west coast -- north to south.














All photos taken above my house...
Saturday, November 15, 2008
5:15 p.m. or thereabouts


1 comment:

Gigi said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Truly the Lord's masterpiece!