Key page to help you connect the dots...

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday evening, August 9th...



was glorious!
You gotta come see... but, before you do!
I've determined that whenever I take photos UP THERE, I want whomever sees them to really be able to experience the sport of powered parachuting as close as one can to the real thing. From the pre-flight on the ground stuff to up in the air. I want them to feel as if they're in the back seat with me. See everything I see, the *way* I see it. Including the progressions. It's hard to beat sunrises or sunsets and the scenic views, but I adore including pieces of the aircraft to give unique perspectives. The reflective surfaces; the incredible parachute lines. You know what? Each one of those tiny lines will carry 1,000 lbs.
God keeps us up there, no doubt about it. But! Each part of our PPC has a key function. Like the thick black Kevlar riser lines & yellow steering lines play a BIG role that you'll see at the beginning. So, some shots may look out of focus, and may be. I'm still just learning. But, often I'm focusing on something entirely different than one normally would. I respect every part of our PPC and its CRITICAL function. I like taking shots of shadows, too. So, when you see one, it's deliberate.
And, one more thing... when you come across shots of the yellow machine with the rainbow chute of our friends, remember we're flying at different altitudes and different air speeds. When they're my subject, some blurriness may not be intentional.

To give you a good ride, the full effect, I'm linking this album as a slide show rather than embedding...
Okay, enough with the over explanation(s)...
It's time for you to CLICK my "come see" link just below... if ya don't you'll really be missing something!


There will be more catching upping needed re. Project Rewire, no doubt about it. However, from this point forward, I'll be posting in the "now". Yay! I barely know what day it is sometimes as it is. :)

No comments: