Key page to help you connect the dots...

Friday, February 20, 2009

Hits very close to home for me...

From February 12, 2009 NYTimes.com... click the lavendar link immediately below...

Patient: Voices

More than 3 million people in the U.S. have some form of epilepsy. While seizures come in various forms, those with epilepsy cope with similar issues: social stigma, complex treatment options and a feeling of powerlessness.

The interactive stories literally brought tears to my eyes, and helped open my pilot's eyes. Even for those closest to us living with such a condition, It's still hard to comprehend when you're not the one living with it inside your brain and body.

Photo taken by our good "Ship Captain/Poet" friend...
outside Hamlet Historical Depot
My favorite hangout!

Hamlet, NC

P.S. Happy Birthday to my dear friend back home in Virginia Beach. Let's stick our feet in some orange juice to celebrate, what do you say?

No comments: