Key page to help you connect the dots...

Monday, February 23, 2009

Thank you Mr. Editor...

The editor of our local paper here agreed to print my first ever Letter to the Editor in this past Sunday's, February 22nd, 2009 edition of the Richmond County Daily Journal. Not enough words to thank the gentlemen for helping me get the word out in our community regarding Epilepsy and Seizure Disorders. The need for ongoing and innovative research is the only way to find a cure. (Cure is also an acronym of a wonderful organization by the name of "Citizens United for Research in Epilepsy").

By publishing my letter, he's inspired me to come out from behind my Blogger Identity "ppcjeanne" and use my real name in my profile. Even though I've blog readers in our community that know me, it's still a huge step for me. Admittedly, a challenge since starting this blog, but no longer. It's behind me now. Feels liberating, actually.

I believe with all of my heart that God wants me to walk by faith... trust Him... NOT help Him... simply allow Him to direct my path in bringing attention to Epilepsy and Seizure disorders. as well as to a few other causes I believe in deeply. He's showing me daily, if I just give each day to Him, right off the bat... get His word into me... He'll take care of the rest. And, He is... in amazing and remarkable ways.

Direct link to my letter to the editor will be below...

Little snippet below click the lavender title to go to my full letter:


Epilepsy Needs More Coverage


I read both last Sunday’s, Feb. 15 Parade Magazine’s insert cover/feature story as well as the story the Daily Journal ran from the Fayetteville Observer, located in Cumberland County. It’s entitled “Fayetteville family learns to cope with son’s seizure disorder.”


Will end with a few pics of me putting faces on both Epilepsy and Seizure Disorders as well as English Springer Rescue America. One of my other causes and passions. The photos were taken by my pilot (whom of course is my husband, Steve to those who know us) and my rescue miracle Springer puppy, the adorable Miss Sydney.


Photos taken on
Valentine's Day, 2009
Main Street Park
Across from the Hamlet Historical Train Depot
Hamlet, NC

No comments: