Key page to help you connect the dots...

Friday, February 13, 2009

Putting a face on Epilepsy and Seizure Disorders...


Me!


Taken at the Hamlet Historic Depot
A phenomenal Victorian Era Train Station/Museum
while gazing at a Seaboard Airline Rail Road
Conductor's Uniform, similar to the one
my Uncle wore many years ago...

and reflecting...
and remembering back...
and trying to find connections...
a pattern...
anything!

However, understanding the condition as I do and being considered "atypical" there is no rhyme or reason... or is there?

I'm realizing I very well could have had whatever this stuff is that I have all of my life.

That there have been episodes since the time I was born. Years before the two head blows.

Some events I've experienced close together, some so close that they're in clusters as I've kicked into as of late.

Some events far apart, but now I'm not even sure about that. I've always been a push paster... press on kind of person. It's just not in me to be any other way. I believe it's in my genes. Well, I know it is. From both sides of my family. Neurological issues are, too.


Enough about me... below...

More faces of Epilepsy... thanks to a Facebook Friend... Glenn -- a man with a cause doing tremendous things to bring attention to Epilepsy and Seizure Disorders. A new hero of mine!

Adding the link all tacky like so others can easily copy and paste... the stories brought my pilot to a light bulb moment or two... see one of the main issues with such a condition is it is difficult to understand... even for those closest to the one who deals with it, people don't know what to look for... if you have seizures like I do (well some of the seizures I have) unless you look closely at my eyes, face and head, you won't see them. It's particularly difficult, too, if that individual is high functioning and a pust paster like me.

No sob story... God is healing me... I just know it. But, in sharing all of this... my goal is to put a face on the "conditions"... research is imperative, especially for those like me who are atypical and idiosyncratic.



Research is critical... please help me get the word out!!!

No comments: